This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Installing clutch assemby

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve Ruddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Installing clutch assemby

Postby Steve Ruddy » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:52 am

I don't have a pilot shaft. How can I install the clutch assembly?
Steve Ruddy
Guerneville CA

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:03 pm

I have made them from broom handles. These universal tools are around $28 don't know if it will go small enough. Measure your shaft and grind the broom handle on your emery wheel or lathe if you can find a wood worker. GW has made lots of them I think.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Steve Ruddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Steve Ruddy » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:18 pm

Do you know anyone who has installed it loose and tightend it through the access hole after installing the engine?
Steve Ruddy

Guerneville CA

Bill
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby Bill » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:19 pm

I DID THIRTY YEARS AGO. USED 3/8 drive flex socket. split another cub this past winter, GEORGE WILLER SAID I COULD EYEBALL IT FOR ALIGNMENT, went together first try.
BILL

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:28 pm

I put one together loose, and then tightened it after assembled, works but a little tedious. I later went to an auto supply place, and got a $4.95 plastic alignment tool. They had one that would fit the pilot bushing, but not the splines, so I stuck it in a drill, and turned it against a grinder until I had it worn down enough to go through the disk. It didn't fit the plines, but all thet was needed was for it to hold the disk centered, slipping into splines wasn't critical.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”