This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wheel rims on a 1949 Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Tom CA Cub '49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Wheel rims on a 1949 Cub

Postby Tom CA Cub '49 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:45 pm

Hey guys,

Well, I am deep in preparations for this year's Fourth of July parade in Crest, California. I was having some electrical problems on my cub (the battery kept running out of juice) so I decided that it might be my generator or regulator. So, in order to remove the generator (which I am going to take down to the local tractor shop to be checked out/repaired), I had to take off the hood and, as things do, one thing led to another. I decided it would be an excellent time for me to replace the worn out radiator on my cub with one that I bought from TM Tractor Parts a couple of years ago. But before I jump into the radiator project ... I need to finish the wheels first.

My question is this. My cub is a 1949. Does anyone know what the original color of the rims on a 1949 cub is? My buddy at the local tractor shop thinks it was silver. But I want to be absolutely sure before I paint. It is my understanding that the wheels themselves are red. Once I have all the painting done, my local tractor shop will install new Titan tires on the rims.

Then I will tackle the radiator project. :D And I am sure I will have some questions for the collective wisdom of this great group of cub owners!!! :D

Thanks for any information or advice you may be able to pass along to me.

Tom

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:51 pm

Front rims are all red. Rear rims are silver (galvanized actually) with the centers being red.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”