This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

And the winner is...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

And the winner is...

Postby George Willer » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:44 pm

The Lo-Boy that arrived Saturday had a weird lop-sided setup on the front axle. Today I found out why. Both sides were severely stuck, so the P.O. gave up. I've only got one side (the one that was farther in) loose, but I'm confident I'll get the other one. The ace in the hole will be heat, which I haven't used yet.

We've had a lot of discussions about this job, so I thought I'd snap a picture, in case it would help someone. One of the secrets is to apply the force evenly to avoid the "chinese finger" syndrome. This setup works well by applying the force alternately by two jacks. I used a 1" rod in place of each spindle for a place to apply force.

Interestingly, when either jack pushes as far as it can, the other catches up easily.

In case anyone wonders, someone upset an adult beverage on the workbench.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:05 pm

That's a great idea. All I've got to do is figure out how to set it up with the axle still on the tractor, he said grinning sheepishly.
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:10 pm

Beats the heck out of beating with a leather mallet , kroil smell and heat going up my nose. :wink:

Return to “Farmall Cub”