This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Who's Working With Their Cub?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:04 pm

Well, I have several and they are set up with different attachments or
implements. The sixtysomething has a Woods 42 belly mower which is used to mow about 7 acres every two weeks in spring and summer and
is used about 100 hrs a year. One has a moldboard plough and was used about 20 hours last year. Another has the full cultivators and is used to plough the garden, about 40-50 hours a year. One is in the process of being rebuilt, it will get the sicklebar mower when finished and will be the show tractor. Another is awaiting a rebuild which is '50 white demonstrator. Another '49 has a set of cultivators and is used to plow mom's garden about 50 hrs a year. The '48 will get the buzz saw when rebuilt and will be a show tractor. Another '49 is going to get the
planters and will be used about 10 hrs a year.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

rdunstan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rdunstan » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:37 am

Bought my 1948 cub three weeks ago for $500. Currently I have the rear end apart working on replacing the seals and brakes. Got the motor freed up and now have compression and spark. Rebuilt the carb and plan to try to get the engine started sometime next week.

Hope to restore it to a reasonable state and show it at the Great Oregon Steamup this July/August in Brooks Oregon. After that I plan to use it to pull a trailer around on my 20 acres. Expect it will lead a pretty easy life on the farm as I have a couple of diesel John Deeres to do the heavy work.

This little guy is my first attempt to restore anything. So forgive any mistakes I amy make or the little pile of parts left over at the end. :-)

Hope to meet some of you all at the Steamup. This year it features IH.

TASServices
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TASServices » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:30 pm

I've got 2 Cubs...a '50 and a '53. The '53 is getting a restoration. The '50 works all year round. About 10 hrs a week during mowing season, ( NJ ), and snow plow in winter. Will be setting up a buzzsaw with the restored one for shows! Should be fun!

Return to “Farmall Cub”