This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Battery box bollt

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Battery box bollt

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:25 pm

Hi All

I while ago I got three out of my battery box bolts out with those craftsman easyout tools. For a while now I gave up on the fourth one which was still holding the rotted bottom of the old battery box. I took a grinder and ground down what little was left of the last bolt head flush with floorpan, center punched it and center drilled it, and then step drilled up to two sizes smaller than 3/8 16 tap size drill which I think is 5/16. I think you should use K1 when tapping cast iron, but had none, so I used some marvel mystery oil. I was so happy it all worked out great. Kept backing the tap off, blowing out hole and plenty of oil. I was surprise how deep the holes go, I checked one of the front ones before I started drilling and it seems to go all the way into the casting, like two inchs. :D THANKS GUYS Paul K. in N.H.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:58 am

Paul, it's great to hear that you're making progress!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”