Question About Replacing Radiator

Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:53 pm

(Here is my second attempt to successfully post my radiator pictures. Thanks for information on how to do it, John.)

I am getting ready to replace the radiator on my cub. Attached is a picture that shows some of the damage to my existing radiator. When I first bought this cub, I figured I would have to replace it one day and, since I had to pull the hood off to remove the generator, etc., I guess that day has finally come.

My question is this: Is there anything that I should be on the look out for when replacing this radiator with one that I bought a couple of years ago from TM Tractor Parts? Also, is there a stock gasket that is used here?

Any advice or information you may be able to give me would be greatly appreciated.

Radiator

Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:02 pm

Tom,

You are probably already planning to do this but now is a great time to clean out the gunk and deposits in the casting, when you remove the old radiator. Also a good time to add oil to the fan pulley bearing. Finally, don't forget to apply antiseize compound to the radiator drain plug threads.....Bill V in Md.

Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:42 pm

Tom, now would be a good time to clean all the dirt and scale build up that has been growing in there for all those years, You can get a gasket kit at your local IH dealer. Cub-Hoser