This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Transmission Sucess

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Transmission Sucess

Postby Harold R » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:00 am

I finally got around to putting the '49 back together. It took a while to get the necessary parts in. The carrier bearings, for whatever reason took the longest. I didn't encounter any major problems re-assembling the transmission, but if I had a dollar for every time I dropped a poppet ball down in the bottom......well you can imagine. This isn't something I would want to do very often, but with a few of the good pictures on TM's web site, plus a shop manual, I think anyone could do this. I worked the tractor a good bit afterwards and all is well. I rowed-up the garden with the hillers I traded Dan England for, they worked great too.
It's good to have both tractor's running good again. :{_}:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:49 am

When I rebuilt the transmission on 49-1 I used the TM Tractor site as well. The pictures of the gear and spacer layout was very handy. Printed it out and sat it on the bench for reference. Thanks TM :!: :!:

hr,
Glad you got her back on her feet. :D :D :D

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:44 am

Harold: I am glad to hear that the hillers worked well. I attached a drawbar with the brackets and they bolted up perfectly. It is always nice when both parties are satisfied with a trade. Would you look at Cub-Bud's picture of a mower deck in the thread labeled Mower Color? I am wondering if the one I got from you is the same brand. The deck looks similar but the drawbar part seems different. I will take another look the next time I am in Monroe. Thanks a million for moving the Cub and equipment. I am going to ask a friend about a Cub which he looked at but didn't buy. If it is still available and still for sale I will take a look at it. I will let you know if it looks like a good prospect. Dan

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:16 am

Hey Dan,

The mower is probably the same but, due to the difference in final drive positions between a loboy and a FCUB, they connect differently to each and have different attachment devices. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:16 am

Cub-Bud: Is the mower in the picture set up for a low-boy or standard cub? Thanks, Dan

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:36 am

I'll attach a photo of the mowing deck I traded to Dan. I believe it is an IH.
I looked for a picture on the net, but couldn't find one. It will need one of the rear pulleys, plus there were two small guide pulleys on top of the deck, I don't remember if they were still there or not. Seemed as if they just buffered some of the belt flop. I only made one pass with this deck after I got the tractor going, seemed more suited for thicker grass, and I already had the Woods 42C, which is a darling of a finish mower.

Dan, I did find the belt for it....under more tractor stuff.

Harold, I just changed the tag from url to img so it would show up - Rudi

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:11 am

Cub-Bud: The mower which I got from Harold has an octagon shape like the one in your picture and does not have any protective skirt to prevent objects from being thrown when in use. It appears that yours is similar on both counts. It would be easier to get parts if I could identify the brand. Harold: I don't recall whether the tension pulleys are present but will come up with some if needed. Thanks, Dan

Return to “Farmall Cub”