This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

carb ?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
harryo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16156
Tractors Owned: 1952 farmall cub
1970 international cub
1974 cub loboy 185
1966 international cub
1961 international cub loboy
1941 cat d4
houff payloader
international 3414 backhoe
AC HD6G
1948 farmall c
1952 farmall m

carb ?

Postby harryo » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:22 pm

i have a carb for a cub that i would like to get a rebuild kit for. but i need to find out witch kit i will need. is there # on the carb? i could not find any. i know that it is not the origanol one that was on the cub.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:27 pm

Harry, Is it an IH carb or a Zenith?
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

harryo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16156
Tractors Owned: 1952 farmall cub
1970 international cub
1974 cub loboy 185
1966 international cub
1961 international cub loboy
1941 cat d4
houff payloader
international 3414 backhoe
AC HD6G
1948 farmall c
1952 farmall m

Postby harryo » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:52 pm

it is an IH but the place that i was looking at said that there was some # that you needed to get the correct rebuild kit>

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:28 pm

The carb number is on the flat area above the main jet. It is small and can be hard to read and may be impossible to read if the carb has paint on it. Clean it carefully and use a magnifier if necessary to find it.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:58 pm

There is only one carburetor rebuild kit for the IH carburetor. Of course, the Zenith carb will require a different kit. The carb # is only necessary if you need a main jet, discharge nozzle or bowl vent. These three items are calibrated as a set and the carb part number will identify what size your specific carburetor should have.

Here's where the part number is stamped. This is an example of an easy to read part number. Most are much worse or completely missing. The two part numbers for the IH carb are 251 234 R94 and 364 579 R91. Except for those 3 items mentioned, both IH carbs are identical.

Get the carburetor kit from CaseIH. The rebuild kits from TSC/Valu-Bilt/Tisco are poor quality, include only the bare necessities and tend to have pieces missing. They also have the WRONG INSTRUCTION SHEET. For the extra cost of the IH kit, you get everything you need for a complete rebuild and the instructions for rebuilding a Cub carburetor. If you also need a float or idle tube, IH still carries them.

Good luck with your rebuild - check out 'Best of HL Chauvin' for tips on fixing some common problems.

Return to “Farmall Cub”