This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall parts in Maine

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
brewer39
10+ Years
10+ Years

Farmall parts in Maine

Postby brewer39 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:09 pm

I have recently inherited a 1953 Cub. I haven't started it yet but it ran well when stored two years ago. I am looking for implements and need a small part fot the front end where the tierods join to the steering knuckle. One of the tie rod ends has popped out of the fitting there. The engine was rebuil;d just before storing and all the hydralics worked as well. Other than the front end problem I think it should run just fine. I may fix her up or I may sell it, not really sure at this time. Just wondering if anyone knows of anyone with parts and implements in the central Maine area. I can travel to New hampshire and Vermont if need be.

Thanks, Dave

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall parts in Maine

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:21 pm

There is a fellow on this board with the username of CubitisNH. He is in Plymouth NH. Send him a private message and he can probably fix you up with some implements.
As far as your steering arm - check with our sponsors such as Ralph from Ralph's Cubs (links at the bottom of the page) or Cubguy 47 for good used parts.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:31 pm

There is a place that parts out Cubs in Maine...try a google search. If I can remember the name of the place I'll get back to ya,good luck.

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:20 pm

Check out http://www.mainetractors.com This guy is parting out a couple of Cubs and I checked him out regarding a used radiator... I need one... His price was a little high for my taste and the shipping was really high, but since he is local, maybe he could work out for you!!

Many of the folks on this forum sell parts for reasonable prices. I won't mention names because I will forget people... TM Tractor, Ralph's Cubs and JP Tractor Salvage are sponsors of this board and get recommendations all the time... I have had good luck with all three regardless of their status as sponsors!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:37 pm

Welcome to the Forum!! It's a great place.

There's a place on rt 15 in Dover-Foxcroft that has a ton of old tractors along with quite a few cubs. Also has many junkers across the street. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the name of the place is...you won't miss it if you're driving in the area, though! Don't forget that many parts are still available through Case/IH dealerships, also (as long as you don't mind paying for them).
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:22 pm

Dave:

Mike aka CubitisNH is a good place to start. Also Jostev might have leads as well on parts people up in Maine even though he is in NH as well. He is pretty close to the border. You will enjoy meeting them both I am sure. Depending where you are, across the border in NB, are a few good places as well. The local Auto Trader and Farm Trader would be useful in this area as well. However, the best place to get good quality used parts is from Ralph at [url=ralphscubs.com]Ralph's Cubs[/url]

Dave aka DirtDevil is up in your neck of the woods I think and so is Jeff M. Jeff is in Raymond.. and I betcha you are in Brewer or that area... so there are a bunch of Cubbers who could help out with the local venues. Can anyone spell mini-fest????

Congrats on gettting your first Cub :applause:. I have a feeling that once you start playing with it, you will soon decide to keep it. Very few tractors can out perform the Cub in it's design envelope. MF, M-H and JD, just don't cut the mustard, so ifn you are thinking about a garden, well the Cub is the one fer you!

brewer39 wrote:I have recently inherited a 1953 Cub. I haven't started it yet but it ran well when stored two years ago. I am looking for implements and need a small part fot the front end where the tierods join to the steering knuckle. One of the tie rod ends has popped out of the fitting there. The engine was rebuil;d just before storing and all the hydralics worked as well. Other than the front end problem I think it should run just fine. I may fix her up or I may sell it, not really sure at this time. Just wondering if anyone knows of anyone with parts and implements in the central Maine area. I can travel to New hampshire and Vermont if need be.

Thanks, Dave

Rudi wrote:Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server where you will find a bunch of really useful links.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:52 pm

Mike Ireland(CubitisNH) would be my first local choice.The Maine Tractor junkyard is located in or near Waldoboro, near Rockland. Good hunting. Frank
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.

dirt devil
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 04461
Skype Name: dirtdevil919
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1963 Farmall Cub
1965 IH Cub Lo Boy
1964 Cub Cadet 100
1967 Cub Cadet 123

Postby dirt devil » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:09 pm

The place in Dover is Raymond Harvey Farm equipment. They have a lot of stuff. The original owner died but it is run by someone else now. If you go there I hope your pockets are deep as they think everything is gold.

Dave
Dave

Return to “Farmall Cub”