hole's in hood question

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:18 pm

Ok, I know this may sound silly, but what are the two holes in the top right side of the hood used for?

Also does any one know where I can get a replacement are original greese gun for my 50 Cub?

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:23 pm

The two holes make it possible to oil the generator without removing the hood.

I bought my Lincoln lubricator on Ebay.

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:23 pm

The holes in the hood are for access to oiling the generator.

Best bet for a original grease gun would be eBAY.

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:44 pm

Thanks Cub-Bud and Johnbron, I knew there was a reason for them.

Is a Lincoln lubricator what I am looking for in the greese gun? Is that what the original one was?

Thanks for all the help, you guys are great

Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:42 am

According to my parts book, the Lincoln lubricator is the correct one. It was used on other tractors as well.

Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:33 pm

What is the best alternative to the Lincoln?



Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:24 pm

To the best of my knowlege, there is no alternative or substitute.

Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:39 pm

For those that are interested here is a photo of a lincoln 8)


Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:47 pm

Mike, any grease gun will work, as the zerks are standard, but only the lincoln is the original type, size, etc.

Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:02 pm

Thanks Ralph for the photo of the lincoln gun.

next guestion? Will the lincoln fit in the bracket on the side of my cub. Since I do not plan on showing my Cub at shows, will another more modern gun fit also.

I like to keep mine greezed and having it on the tractor when I need it would be handy.

Thanks again guys you are great.