This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Remove rear PTO pulley

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Tim-Devery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Remove rear PTO pulley

Postby Tim-Devery » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:08 pm

How do I remove the rear PTO pulley?
It is for a woods mower, has two bolts that go through the small 3" flat piece to the pulley. I can not see any set screws or pins locking it to the splined shaft. The rear seal leaks and I must change it ,HELP....

Tim

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:17 pm

The hub is tapered. Tightening the 2 bolts pulls the taper of the hub into the taper of the pulley. You should find 2 threaded holes in the pulley, 90 degrees from where the bolts are now. Remove the bolts and screw them (evenly) into the other holes. They will push the hub out of the pulley.

Tim-Devery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Tim-Devery » Thu May 06, 2004 6:19 pm

Jim, Thanks for your help, sorry I waited so long to post.
Been busy spliten and unsplitten the old girl.

Return to “Farmall Cub”