This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic cylinder and housing assembly ????

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Hydraulic cylinder and housing assembly ????

Postby John Niekamp » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:14 pm

I have replaced every seal throughout the enitre tractor (every original leather one was leaking) and any bearing that I even thought was scratchy. Now that I am about to paint the little Cub, I decided that since everything else has been torn apart and cleaned and what needed replaced, has now been replaced, maybe I should go ahead and rebuild the cylinder and the housing assembly, or at least check it out and put in new gaskets and seals.

What will I be getting into? I assume this housing not only holds the cylinder and the control valve and lift arms, it is also the reservoir for the hydraulic oil.

I then I took the 4 bolts out on that holds it on the torqe housing, I noticed the counterbored holes were all full of oil. A sign a leakage to me.

It looks to me that there are a couple of boots one for the cylinder and the other one must be for the control vavle. These boots appear to be some type of fabric, not rubber or neopreme boot. I am guessing.

Back to my question, other than the procedure. Can I buy a complete overhaul kit with everything that I need to replace the gaskets and seals and where?

Is there a breakdown picture on this housing on where everything goes. I like having picture to look at.

Thanks,

John Niekamp

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:11 am

John, the answer to both of your questions is yes. There is a rebuild kit available from IH. Get the part number from the side of your touch control housing, you'll need it to get the right kit.
Secondly, if you go to Rudi's manual site, you will find the manual for the touch control unit. It will show you everything you need to know.
To get to Rudi's site, just click on any of his posts and click on the link in his signature line.
Also, the job is not difficult, but cleanliness is essential. Make sure no dirt particles get into the system during the rebuild.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:32 am

John, I have just finished rebuilding my touch control the other day. The parts are all available from your case IH dealer. The rebuild kit was $44.00, it include all o rings and gakets that is needed and I had to buy the large cylinder style screen, it was $55.00. It was no big deal at all, I looked at Rudi's touch control manual and it guided me through it really well. Even though I have another problem with it, Unrelated to the rebuild kit. Everything went smoothly. Those are Canadian prices I gave you also Good luck, It will make you feel good that you did it yourself

Mike
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:08 am

John, to add to the info you have already been given, the boots are also still available, but not included in the overhaul kit. The original ones were leather, but the replacemants are a neoprene type material. If you have one that the piston boot fits over a lip on the touch control housing rather than just over the knuckle, the only way to get that boot is to order one for a Super A.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”