This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Short story

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
logspliter
10+ Years
10+ Years

Short story

Postby logspliter » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:38 am

Hey guys,
My oldest son (cory,age 12)has a job on a horse farm.Feeding,grooming ,fixing fenses,you name it . He has to "drag rake"riding ring and driveway and pastures. The boss gave him a John Deere garden tractor to use.whitch won't pull hills with the chain rake on. I took my 49 Cub over to the farm it pulls that chain rake up hill down hill and everyelse. It Just funny a 49 cub rated at 8or9hp can out pull a John Deere rated at 18hp :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:21 am

I really am posting this response with some trepidation. Last time I even mentioned this paradox, I opened a very large can of worms. :shock: :lol:

But, if you want to read the posts - try reading the thread - Head Banger -. Very illuminating! :idea: :?

Do so at your own risk though :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:21 am

:lol: Hey Logsplitter, I hope your 49-Cub is getting better wages than your son is. :{_}:
Then came Bronson

logspliter
10+ Years
10+ Years

short story

Postby logspliter » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:57 pm

Hey guys,
I kwow I am not on this site as much as I should be, :( But can someone please tell me the the meaning of the first response of when I posted my article "short story" :? .It was important to me and I wanted to share it with all of you. Thanks

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Re: short story

Postby johnbron » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:12 am

logspliter wrote:Hey guys,
I kwow I am not on this site as much as I should be, :( But can someone please tell me the the meaning of the first response of when I posted my article "short story" :? .It was important to me and I wanted to share it with all of you. Thanks

Logsplitter, Rudi thought you should read this thread about horse-power since that is what your post was about. http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3324
Then came Bronson

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:26 am

Logsplitter:

The comment was meant to be sort of tongue-in-cheek funny. It occured to me as a yuk right after I read this in your post:

The boss gave him a John Deere garden tractor to use.whitch won't pull hills with the chain rake on. I took my 49 Cub over to the farm it pulls that chain rake up hill down hill and everyelse. It Just funny a 49 cub rated at 8or9hp can out pull a John Deere rated at 18hp

I am curious about your story, and I apologize if somehow there was a misunderstanding. Please tell us the story. I just thought you might get a chuckle out of the previous thread.......

hope this clears it up a bit, cause now I am confussed :shock: :? :roll: :?
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Michael Az
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Michael Az » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:36 pm

I'm sure Rudi didn't mean any offense and I didn't take it that way. He just wanted you to read through a similar post. What you learned is that garden tractors is another way to say lawn mower. They need hp to run large mowers and tillers instead of pulling power so they have small tires. Not too often do you see somebody out plowing and discing with their garden tractor but that is where a Cub does a pretty nice job as it is designed to pull.
Michael

logspliter
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby logspliter » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:57 am

Hey guys,
No hard feelings :) . Just alittle :? and :oops: .I will try to on here more often to get to know you guys alittle better. Rudi you are right ,confuion breeds disscuion which breeds knowledge which breeds confidence which breeds friendship. Thanks,
Scott

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:23 am

Scott:

No problemo amigo :D

Now, when do get to read the short story :!: I like it when Cubs beat up on green thingys :lol:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:17 am

I thought the story was in his first post of this thread.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:57 am

Jim:

You are probably right. This old brain of mine has difficulty with the word short!

And a whole mess of other words as well :lol:

Return to “Farmall Cub”