This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carb rockshaft play 2

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kevin Wisniewski
10+ Years
10+ Years

Carb rockshaft play 2

Postby Kevin Wisniewski » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:56 am

Lurker Carl's Cub Carb Fixes

From looking at Carl's Cub Carb Fixes, His governor housing is off. My govener is installed. My spring that connects to the throttle may be stretched out. When the spring is installed should it have space in-between the spirals on low throttle?
Wiz "Beware the Fury of a Patient Man"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:15 am

Kevin,

None of my Cubs have spring spiral spaces without tension on the spring. Someone in the past may have sprung your spring, since it's a bugger to install.

Here's info from TM Tractor's website:
http://www.tmtractor.com/gv/spring_001.htm

The pictures can be deceptive since they are a composite of a lot of pictures, taken over a lot of years, of a lot of Cubs, in a lot of places. I did the repair with the governor housing installed, out in the snow during sub-freezing weather back in February.

Carl

Return to “Farmall Cub”