Anudder Question?

Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:35 pm

Those 4 front rims I mentioned :!: Well some of them have dings on the edges. While I am at it, I may as well fix that :roll: Question - remember I ain't so smart at this metal working stuff :oops: - how do I do that without ruining the rim? Without an anvil?

Thoughts please :)

Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:52 pm

Rudi,

A ball peen hammer and a nice piece of hardwood will do the job. Metal is fun to work. If you don't like the shape...Change it.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:58 pm

Rudi,

Your biggest adjustable wrench is the perfect tool for the job. With it, you can use only as much force as you need.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:56 pm

Dang!! From the title of the post I thought we were going to be talking about cows! :lol:

Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:36 am

I agree with George. While we were rebuilding the "A" I saw one guy bend the hell out of the rim edge in a couple of places. I thought "What the heck is he doing!" But once he got the tire of he just grabbed a large adjustable wrench, closed it down so it would fit over the lip and made small bends until he had the rim looking better than before he started.

Once rims were painted you never knew.

Guy

Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:50 am

George, Guy:

Gonna try that fix this afternoon. Right after I get done building another computer. -- Athalon Barton XP2600+ - smokes :!: :lol: