This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carburator rebuild update

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
LYNYRD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70453
Tractors Owned: 1974 IH Cub
1975 IH Cub
MF 135
TO-20
Ford 3000
12 D Harrow Plow
151 Disc Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Carburator rebuild update

Postby LYNYRD » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:31 am

Removed Carb. frm tractor, took top off and first thing the idle tube fell out, luckily I had a couble of cubs for parts and they both had IH carbs on them so I used the top off one of them. Could not see how the idle tube ataches? Anyway soaked all parts in carb cleaner overnight, scrubbed with cleaning brush. Carb is reassembled and I am about to reinstall back on tractor, will keep updating.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Sun May 02, 2004 9:33 am

The idle tube screws into the throttle casting, 4-48 thread. Chances are the threaded portion is still in the casting. You can carefully remove the remains by drilling with a hand-powered drill, clean up the threads with a tap and install a new one. IH still stocks the idle tube. If the new one is loose, use a very small amount of gasoline resistant sealant to hold it in place and let it cure before assembling.

Return to “Farmall Cub”