This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Something I hadn't thought of ?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Something I hadn't thought of ?

Postby Jack Donovan » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:42 pm

:shock: Not that this hasn't happend before" Any way I recently perchested a Gear reduction that mounts on the left axel housing. Now as I'm looking at it, It will add 5 and a half inches to my rear wheel width. So the problem is #1, What do I do with the draw bar? and #2- Do I widen the front axel on the left front? :oops: But there's hope , I'm in the right place" Jack

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:03 pm

Jack,

I think that Howard gear reduction unit originally came with a spacer block for the drawbar. You may have to make something.

I suppose you might never notice the 1/2" if you moved the front wheel 6" to match up with the notches in the steering rods and the holes in the axle.

I've been using a Ford for years with one front wheel all the way in and the other all the way out. One wheel carries more weight, but it isn't noticeable in the steering. I had to do it because of a conflict with caster wheels on a mower.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sat May 01, 2004 10:29 pm

Thanks George" I was thinking on that line :idea: But I didn't know about the spacers that Howard made, and new someone here on the board had one. I still can't figure out why some that I seen had the gear box on both sides? :shock:

Return to “Farmall Cub”