Cub Carb problem

Sat May 01, 2004 6:59 pm

I have a problem with the carb on my 1948 cub. It will stall if I don't have the choke about half way engaged, even when warm. The engine was rebuilt, but I didn't do anything with the carb and it ran OK for awhile. The adjustment screw seems to make little or no difference unless all the way closed. It probably needs a kit, but I thought I'd seek expert advice before ordering one. Thanks,

Sat May 01, 2004 7:06 pm

Jonesy:

Click here: Carb Fixes

I would suggest also that you read the post - Announcement - Visitors and New Members Please Read, if you haven' already. With the Best of H.L. Chauvin, Cub Info, Cub FAQ's and of course the extremely good article by Lurker Carl (above), you should be able to solve all of your problems.

Let us know how these tips have helped....

Sat May 01, 2004 7:32 pm

:?: When & how it stalls was not mentioned so I am wondering if it could be a governor problem instead of a carb problem :?:

Carb problem

Mon May 03, 2004 5:38 am

Sorry..to clarify, the tractor will not run at all if the choke isn't left pulled partway out. This occurs even when warm. I haven't had a chance to take it off yet, but have printed out some of the Carb fixes from Lurker Carl.

Mon May 03, 2004 7:10 am

If you haven't done it yet, pull the main jet and make sure it is clear. It is the one screwed into the outer side of the carburetor body.

Mon May 03, 2004 7:14 am

Thanks Jim..I'll check it when I get home.