This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

need help with PTO spline bushing attach.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
dkramp
10+ Years
10+ Years

need help with PTO spline bushing attach.

Postby dkramp » Sun May 02, 2004 8:39 am

I am trying to put my Woods 42c pulley on my PTO. I took it off and now cannot get the splined bushing and pulley back on. Are there some tricks to get the keyways to align and go on with the pulley . I have 2 bushigs anew one and the one I just took off, the spline looks clean and straight. Am I missing a trick here??? :x :(
Dave 49

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun May 02, 2004 8:51 am

dk, I assume you are having trouble getting either bushing on the pto shaft. If the pulley is on the hub (bushing) even a little it frequently will cause it to be difficult to put on the pto. Will the hub go on without the pullley?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

dkramp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dkramp » Sun May 02, 2004 8:53 am

No, tried both the old one and the new one. No luck.
Dave 49

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Sun May 02, 2004 8:55 am

The bushing you speak of should have 2 slits in the sides. I've had to tap a flat head screw driver into those to spread them a little. Use caution though, I'm sure it will break with too much wedge. Also, it doesn't take much of a burr on the PTO shaft to impede the bushing. I usually hit the spline with a small file to dress it up.
HR

Return to “Farmall Cub”