Good Size Landscape Trailer for Cub??

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Good Size Landscape Trailer for Cub??

Postby therocket » Mon May 10, 2004 8:26 pm

I'm looking at a new 5' x 10' Landscape Trailer with a Lift Gate for $975 with GVWR rating of 2990 lbs and light weight of around 790 lbs. Is this a good size for a cub and does the price sound right? Next size up is 6 1/2 ' x 12' with 2990 lb GVWR and a light weight of around 975 lbs for $1150 all from a local and convenient dealer. Thanks for the Help. Dave
therocket
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bigdog » Mon May 10, 2004 8:48 pm

Bigger is better! Tandem axle trailer pulls much better and gives a smoother ride than the single axle trailer.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com
Bigdog
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 43154
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon May 10, 2004 9:01 pm

I just sold a 5x12 single axle trailer I've used for several years. It got me by, but it was just barely big enough. To use a 5 foot trailer the wheels of your cub have to be all the way in, and if you have something that offsets such as a Mott flail mower, you have to use a hoist to raise the end enough to clear the side. Today I picked up a new 6 1/2 x 12 with 4 wheel brakes, and loading ramps with storage racks. Trailer weighs 1470 and is rated to carry 5500. I did get a great deal $1100. I've never found any place else with a price that good.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government
to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby Daniel Stuckey » Mon May 10, 2004 9:01 pm

Tried it ONCE with a single axle 6' x 10' and does no good. Pretty top heavy. Would be ok for short transport but would never do any amount of speed with it. Ended up with a 7'x 16' 7000 lb skid steer I found new for 1600 bucks.

Dan Stuckey
Altoona, Pa.
Enjoy life, do what you can, and quit your complaining. This will make life better!
Daniel Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby therocket » Mon May 10, 2004 9:46 pm

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree, Bigger is better and yep I do have a Flail mower that may need to fit on the Trailer one day. Just out of curiosity, I looked at the footprint of an Allis B and that looks like it just barely would fit on a 5 x 10. Of Course being the proud owner of 2 Cubs I would never think of another purchase besides all Red. But I do have to think of Future owners for a Trailer that I bought that is "JUST TOO SMALL".
therocket
10+ Years
10+ Years

Return to Farmall Cub