This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Still sending gas caps

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
treesitter
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44039
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
73 Cub Cadet
48 C
49 M

Still sending gas caps

Postby treesitter » Thu May 13, 2004 10:53 am

Just thought I would share the fact that they are still doing the replacement gas caps. Mailed my form in on 4/12/04 and got my new cap on 5/11/04. :D
All she did when she first saw it was stand there looking at it, shaking her head,
while my buddy and I stood there drinking beer, grinning over my fine purchase.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu May 13, 2004 11:30 am

Well thays good to know for when I buy my next 10 future Cubs. When I sent for my caps I used 2-extra serial numbers off of a friends Cubs so I would have spares. His are on his ranch (unoperable) but he wont sell them. :mrgreen:
Then came Bronson

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu May 13, 2004 11:35 am

I sent off for one for my '45 B Farmall on April 5....still waiting. :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Thu May 13, 2004 5:03 pm

I got one for my Loboy yesterday. It took about 5 weeks from the day I mailed the form in. Mine came UPS. It's a real snug fit too. Glad to have it also cause if I filled the tank up more than half full it spit out the little breather hole in the original cap. The fire hazard aside if it got on the manifold....it sure made ya smell if you were down wind when it's spittin out! Try getting a free gas cap from sears in 50 years for your garden tractor!!!

Stan Wilhite
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Stan Wilhite » Thu May 13, 2004 5:30 pm

These caps aren't for the numbered LoBoys are they? TIA, Stan
Thanks, Stan Wilhite

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Thu May 13, 2004 5:54 pm

I am still waiting for mine I sent for mine about six weeks ago OH! Well,it takes longer to get up North :lol: :lol:

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Thu May 13, 2004 7:25 pm

:twisted: Well Bruce, If your luck runs like Rudi`s he had to wait many months and pay extra postage if I remember correctly. :cry:
Then came Bronson

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu May 13, 2004 8:21 pm

Bruce:

I ordered 3 caps, 2 for me one for the wife's uncle. Gave it to him as a gift. The caps are free! The shipping is free! However, Canada Customs and Revenue Agency charged me $30.00 :roll: :? -- seems Navistar put the value as $30.00 US which put me over the limit, so they charged me $20.00 handling fee, I think about $6.50 in Duty and of course 15% tax :x or something like that. I was not impressed to say the least. And to get your money back you have to get the right forms sent to you, then signatures that tell them you are a Canadian, 3 people to vouch for you that you are still alive, as well as your first born child in vigorish! God - :roll: :roll: :roll: would cost me more than I paid.. cause you don't get the handling fee back :cry:

I sure hope you fare better!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu May 13, 2004 8:31 pm

Rudi,

All that and you can't even watch Fox News on the Canadian airways :? :?

"Oh :!: Canada"

I'm not condemming...just wondering :?: :?: :?:

I've had problems going the other way.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu May 13, 2004 8:35 pm

PS, Rudi

I have a magneto that I was going to send you but it would cost you much more than it's worth just to get through the Mounties.

Some things need to be legal :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu May 13, 2004 8:37 pm

Donny:

Just declare it worthless and they will only charge me 5 bucks :roll: :lol:

Actually, if the declared value is less than $20.00 US, then I can get away with out paying duty or any of the other fees. Hint, Hint, Hint :idea: :!:

I look at it this way, what I pay for or am willing to pay for a part, does not mean that the price is actually what the value would be. A simple $0.40 clip could be priceless if I can't get it here.

The problem with Navistar was that they should have made the declared value as $0, since the cap was free. They apologized, but I still didn't get my money back either.... oh well. I feel much safer using the new cap as I have had a couple of inadvertant spills with the old one.

The same reason goes for photocopied or even original manuals. If it is declared as reading material then there is no duty - one perk we get. That is why when someone sends me a manual from stateside, I always ask them to declare it as reading material. Insured value is irrelevant.

So y'all, ifn ya wanna do your Canadian cousins a favour, just list the value as less than$20.00 on a used part. That way we can have more left over for the next one we need and can't get here. :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu May 13, 2004 8:54 pm

Well it's nice to see your government lets you read for free :twisted:

When I return home I will send you about 10 lbs of worthless reading material.

I am a little apprehensive about this though, as I want to be legal. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Thu May 13, 2004 9:09 pm

Rudi
Well you know what they say .Nothing is free and if it sounds too good to be true then it is not. Yes I looked for your property I took a flight from Moncton yesterday a very quick trip :lol: :lol:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu May 13, 2004 9:28 pm

Stan Wilhite wrote:These caps aren't for the numbered LoBoys are they? TIA, Stan

I believe the numbered Lo-Boys are included in the offer.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri May 14, 2004 9:09 am

I got home last night and the wife brought in a box with the new cap for my B Farmall in it. April 5- May13....5 weeks, 3 days. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall Cub”