This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Member and 1948 Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Larry in CO
10+ Years
10+ Years

New Member and 1948 Cub

Postby Larry in CO » Thu May 13, 2004 6:00 pm

HI all,

I'm a new member here and thought I would introduce myself. I live in Westminster Co and have a Farmall H that I refurbished last year. I now have a 1948 Cub that my Dad found for me in Missouri last fall. We went and got it last weekend. It isn't in too bad of shape, but does need a little work on it. Smokes a bit and has some leaks. Here is some pictures we took of it last fall when we were back visiting.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPho ... p=66103410

Enjoy,
Larry

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu May 13, 2004 7:00 pm

Hello Larry! Nice looking cub! Welcome to the board or shall we say welcome to the family!

Oh, by the way, don't believe anything they say about me! :D
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Thu May 13, 2004 7:03 pm

Larry. Welcome to the board. Don't forget to read the announcement & sticky at the top of the forum. Lots of good info. By the way.... don't tell Bigdog where you live until the cub is secured.
Ron

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu May 13, 2004 7:10 pm

:P Howdy Larry, Welcome to the board. When I read your post I was expecting to see an old rusty Cub but when I viewed your 8-photo`s I was surprised to see a very nice clean looking 48. Thanks for sharing with us.

Heh-Heh!!, I see BigDog is still trying to shake his well deserved reputation. Larry lock them tractors of yous up if ever you hear BigDog is in your state. I have heard that he is not only partial to gleaning Cubs, If it has I-H on it his homing device will lock on to its location. :twisted:
Then came Bronson

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu May 13, 2004 7:34 pm

Welcome to the group. I do however take exception to you ferriners (from Colorado) coming to Mo. and stealing our cubs, especially one that looks that good. That looks like quite a snow plow on it. Do I see a link that allows you to change the angle from the seat? I noticed a depth control lever for a molboard plow on it, did you get the plow also?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Larry in CO
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Larry in CO » Thu May 13, 2004 11:04 pm

It's a manual lift snow plow. It has to be adjusted from the ground. That's the only equipment that I got with it.
By the way, my wife says this one is hers; the H is mine. But I think she has already lost it to our 3 year old grandson. He says the big tractor is Papa's and the little one is his. Guess I'll have to be on the lookout for another one for my wife!! Larry

Return to “Farmall Cub”