This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

55 LoBoy almost finished, 1st. picture posting

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

55 LoBoy almost finished, 1st. picture posting

Postby John Niekamp » Sat May 15, 2004 12:17 am

Well after a long month and every spare moment of my time, the end is ALMOST here. With every nut and bolt, every gear, bearing cleaned inspected and if nesessary replaced (less engine). New tires yesterday and just tonight I rebuilt hydraulic unit and control valve. Many of the bolts have been replaced with stainless steel fasteners yeah I know that's not original, but I like the looks of them, gives it some contrast. The only thing that has not been torn apart yet is the engine, it ran to good, with no signs of oil usage and no noises. I figure I would run it for the summer and see how it does, would be a good winter project if needed.

I am now on first name basics with my local Case IH dealer now, LOL!

Tomorrow I will paint the hood and grill and a couple other items that needs to be painted yet. Then next week fire the Cub up and see how many parts flies out and then start on rebuilding the Kub Klipper deck.

This is my first attempt with posting using this new host, hope it works. Let me know what you think. I will post some finshed pictures next weekend, hopefully with any luck be able to move it outside (on it's own power) and get some better lighting.

John

[img]http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/is.php?i=166501&img=6809IM000297.jpg[img][/img]

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat May 15, 2004 6:18 am

Very nice! We'll be looking forward to the finished project!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Sat May 15, 2004 7:54 am

John. Sounds like your having lots of fun with the rebuild....... Nice picture. You did an excellent job on the pic size (don't have to scroll back and forth to view). Don't forget to post when completed.
Ron

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat May 15, 2004 8:18 am

:o Weird:, When I first open post I can view about the top 1" of the picture and it locks there and the whole pic wont open, If I scroll down I lose even that part & the pic-part and the screen goes blank.

So, My imagination is at work :roll: Thats a nice looking (Unseen) Cub ya gots there :?: ...
Then came Bronson

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat May 15, 2004 9:35 am

John, it's looking good. I envy you being able to do it yourself. Keep up the good work.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”