This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Anyone know how to get the decals for my cub?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Feskslo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Anyone know how to get the decals for my cub?

Postby Feskslo » Sat May 15, 2004 9:25 am

I need help! I have searched the internett for some time now, trying to find a place to get decals for my cub ('51). My original hood decals have McCormic-Deering International written on them, but I can only find McCormic-Deering decals (missing international). Anyone who can help me? Have a look at the origina hood decals on http://www.home.no/feskslo/bilder.html

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat May 15, 2004 11:06 am

You may have a challenge finding the correct decal. Here is what I can tell you:

1) According to Guy Fay's "Letter Series Tractors" book, the "McCormick-Deering International Farmall" decal was only used on tractors exported to Denmark. Evidently all other export tractors were changed to "McCormick International Farmall" in 1949. I don't know if all Cubs destined for Scandinavia went through Denmark or if your tractor migrated from Denmark as a used tractor. I suppose either could have happened. There is also some chance the hood was replaced with a '47 - '49 hood from another tractor.

2) Accurate reproduction decals of the common versions are hard to find. You are looking for an unusual version. I doubt anybody has made this one. You may have to have them custom made. I strongly suggest you take good pictures before removing the old ones. Include a measuring ruler in the pictures. According to Guy's book, this one is number 1001108R2.

3) The only leads I can give:
Mike Schmudlach posts here once in a while. He has some experience with European tractors and may be able provide a lead.

Ken Updike at http://www.cngco.com/ has made some decals from the original prints. If he has the correct print, he may be able to make what you need.

Jean Cointe (COINTE.S.A@wanadoo.fr) is a collector in France, whose family has a long history in farm equipment and IH. He may be able to help.

Good luck with your search and the restoration project.

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bermuda Ken » Sat May 15, 2004 1:39 pm

We offer the chassis decals (caution/warning decals) for the Cubs at C&G but not the export decals. These would need to be custom printed.

To see the chassis decals listing(and a few other tractor models) go to:

http://www.cngco.com/oem.decals.html
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

cuballen
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cuballen » Sun May 16, 2004 3:08 pm

I found mine at Tractor Supply amazingly enough.

Return to “Farmall Cub”