Carburator

Mon May 17, 2004 9:00 am

Rebuilt carburator on cub a couple of weeks ago. It worked ok but now I have to run with partial choke and it is dripping/pouring gas out of it when I stop running. Float must be sticking?

Mon May 17, 2004 9:18 am

It is probably getting debris from the tank (rust-etc.) and keeping the float needle seat valve from closing. Sounds like it needs a good tank cleaning or try putting an in-line filter between tank & carb.

Carburator

Mon May 17, 2004 10:09 am

I am thinking the same, I cleaned and replaced screen/gasket in sediment bowl.

Mon May 17, 2004 11:24 am

I have read many times that you are not suppose to put a in-line filter in on a up draft carb. I guess it can cause fuel starvation. the gas is gravity fed to the carb so when install a in-line filter you are slowing the flow down. Just what I read and have found out first hand.
Chad

Mon May 17, 2004 2:08 pm

I just rebuilt the carb on my 47. I needed to tweak the float a bit to get the fuel to shut off ok. I measured the float level like it said, but had to do a final adjustment. Hope this helps.

Wed May 19, 2004 7:55 am

Charles, You may need to look a lurker carls cabertor information.I believe that it is in the cub manuals that Rudi matains. Where did you get the carb kit? I used the valu-built and had terrible results so I sprung for the IH kit from the dealer and have had tremendous results. The IH kit has all the extra parts to bebuild including the felt seals and I have found that the gasket is of a much higher quality than tha valu-bilt . And the IH kit came with some very good step by step instructions. For what I spent for the 2 valu-bilt kits I could have bought 1 good HI kit from my dealer good luck Steve