This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

laying of rows

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Chris Jones
10+ Years
10+ Years

laying of rows

Postby Chris Jones » Thu May 20, 2004 9:02 am

Does anyone know where I can find pictures of how to mount the, well I'll call it U shaped tool bar and layoff foot onto the tractor? I pretty much know but I need a picture to print so I can show someone else what I'm refering to and what parts they are missing.

We don't plan to use the Cub planter or fertilizer setup. I'm sure planting was done w/o it on occasions and I'm guessing folks would hill up a row in one pass and then put on the foot to make the row/trench in the hill for the seed, covering by hand, er foot. Is this true?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

GAGoober
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30268

Postby GAGoober » Thu May 27, 2004 10:49 am

Chris, I've always mounted the bar with the bend facing the front of the tractor. Granted this is on my Super-A but I would think that it would be the same for a Cub. I do have a setup for my Cub but don't have it mounted yet. I don't really hill up the row before planting. Just loosen up the soil real good for things like peas and corn. On the other hand I use the disk attachments on the cultivator bars to hill up for my peanuts, cucumbers and squash. Works really good. The main thing to do is really loosen up the soil first.
GAGoober

Chris Jones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Chris Jones » Thu May 27, 2004 1:11 pm

Thanks GAGoober, I'd given up on a response. I did see a neighbors setup on a 140 and it became apparent we didn't have the right style clamp to hold the foot onto the bar as the bar has the edge pointed forward instead of a flat side like the cultivator bars. The fellow who sold us the tractor had given us a standard type clamp.

Do you or anyone else know where to get the clamp I need? I don't recall seeing one on TM Tractors site--and now they are closed till June or so and I can't even look at what they have.

GAGoober
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30268

Postby GAGoober » Thu May 27, 2004 3:21 pm

Chris, I don't have anything to sell but will look around for you. You may already have what you need anyway. I have two setups that can utilize the layoff bar. One looks like a sledge hammer head with a small fin on the end of it. The large bolt with the rounded shoulder nut slides up into the cultivator arm. I don't what connects to the fin side but the "piece" does allow for attaching the bar to it. The other setup I use is the actual cultivator arm but in this instance I don't put any cultivator feet on the bar or if I have done the cultivating and then want to do more rows I just pull them off and the put on the layoff plow. You might have one of each and you could still make it work for you.
GAG

Chris Jones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Chris Jones » Thu May 27, 2004 5:37 pm

GAGoober, I can put the "U" shaped bar on the tractor with the outer swept cultivator bars in place. The "U" bar replaces the stubby cultivator bars that held the inner most 2 cultivator feet. What I don't have is the clamp to hold the layoff/cultivator foot to the "U" bar.

It's beside the point but the neighbor I spoke of got a hold of an extra set of front swept cultivator bars and cut them off and mounted the "U" bar to them and he can now remove the cultivators and put his layoff equipment on using the one large bolt on each side of the tractor--I think this might be the sledge hammer head thing you are talking about. It's a great setup but I don't have any extra cultivator equipment.

Return to “Farmall Cub”