This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Life has surprises!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cublo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Life has surprises!

Postby cublo » Thu May 20, 2004 7:08 pm

I teach in an inner city school. A recent assignment for the kids was to create a bi-fold informational flier on a topic of their choice. I told them they had better choose a topic of their own, or I would assign one (my topic would probably be poison for a city kid...so I thought). One girl didn't have a topic in mind, so she asked me what I would assign her. I said "the history of farmall tractors". She said "what's a farmall tractor?" I told her it was a tractor used on farms to prepare fields. She said "oh, you mean like a John Deere tractor?" Well, I had to ask how she knew of John Deere tractors. Her reply? She had spent some time with a foster family on a farm, and they used them. She mentioned it with a real smile on her face and a look of fond rememberence. So, it seems this kid living in one of the poorest cities on the East Coast has surprised this teacher. And that family certainly has left a positive mark on her. And she is looking forward to the assignment! If there is a way to post documents here, I'll post it when she finishes. Harold in CT

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu May 20, 2004 8:07 pm

Harold:

When it is done, send me the file! I will upload it to the server, and probably could convert it to a PowerPoint document or html file. Sounds like it is going to be one heck of a project this young lady has undertaken.

Oh, I think it is wonderful that you have taken your love of Cubs and Farmalls to school with you. This is one way to keep our Old Iron alive with those who will follow us on...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu May 20, 2004 9:08 pm

YMCA has a resort in our area that includes childrens camps, a lake, a lodge for families and groups. etc. There are only 2 or 3 like it in the United States. My wife and I spent a few days there year before last, and since I can't walk very well we took my golf cart that we bought to use on our place. The golf cart has my *.?-!.* cub owner logo around the roof. At the time we were there many underprivledged children from St. Louis were at the youth camp. Several of them asked "Do you really own a cub, bear cub?" Most of them had never heard of a Farmall tractor, much less a cub tractor. Would have been a great time to give them some education, but the YMCA discourages non-staff mingling with the children at the camps.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”