Tue May 25, 2004 12:48 pm

PAUL K. in N.H. wrote:CW
Be careful, with the tags showing on the back of that camper Bigdog may show up with some money and his trailer before you deside.

Thanks for the tip. I have blurred out the numbers :)

Tue May 25, 2004 1:30 pm

:P From the looks of it I would think it has $600 worth to be a parts tractor if nothing else. The block crack is very common on Cubs, My block has gobs of weld in the same area. I would offer him $400 green cash in hand & hope he will settle on $500 if not $400. :twisted:

Tue May 25, 2004 2:12 pm

I agree with john. The Cub is worth that in parts, but I don't think its the Cub you want if you want a slick restoration. You will wind up spending more money to restore this one than to buy a more original Cub that need less work. But if you are looking for a challenge :roll:

Welcome to farmall cub forum. Its a good place.

Mike

Tue May 25, 2004 2:34 pm

CW:

Well, in my opinion it is still well worth the 600. Ifn you can get it for 400 that would be much much better.

If you look at the sorry excuse for a Cub my Jethro is,

the one you are looking at is in much better shape and has a Woods deck to boot!

What are you waiting for. Ifn I was close to that cub, BigDog wouldn't have a chance at it. I like CHALLENGES, and this one looks like it is fun.

Jethro is missing a lot of parts, the engine is stuck, the governor is stuck, no front tires or rims, no grill, hood is toast, doglegs are toast and that is just what I can see!

I think you are getting a good deal. That Woods must be worth 200 or 300 bucks anyways, so you are still ahead.... go for it before someone else grabs it.

Tue May 25, 2004 2:38 pm

I've spent more on a single implement (rotovator), then you are talking for the whole tractor with a mower. If youre not interested, let us know where it is.

Tue May 25, 2004 2:46 pm

Well CW! There's no way that cub is worth $600. You'd better just forget about it and let someone else worry about it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

No need to blur the license plate. The Universal Cub Locator Satellite has homed in on the general location of the cub. :) :)

Tue May 25, 2004 8:11 pm

If you don't take it, I'll drive over a grab it! The mower alone is worth the price!

Wed May 26, 2004 12:27 am

Ok, I got it. I still have to go pick it up, but it is mine.

Wed May 26, 2004 6:47 am

It does not look to bad all it needs or takes is lots of TLC.
As for price if you deceied not to restore you could take it a part &
sell the parts for 2 or 3 times what you paid for it.

Wed May 26, 2004 9:21 am

ChickenWing wrote:Ok, I got it. I still have to go pick it up, but it is mine.

:twisted: Heh~Heh!!, CW, You sure are easily persuaded aint`cha. Have fun with your new toy. You cant lose on that deal.

Wed May 26, 2004 1:15 pm

:D :shock: Go fo it C.W. the mower deck is worth it alone. I paid $500 and a horse for mine. you can put an 12v battery on it to try to start it. Altough I had to sand the starter contact and the points and disconnect the generator. If you would like a hand with what little I know I have not went back to work yet and have lots of free time. 8) 8) wildbill@tc3net.com :{_}: