This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Help Please

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
HowellJones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Help Please

Postby HowellJones » Sun May 23, 2004 11:30 pm

I'm new to this, and need some help. I just got a 1949 cub. It runs strong, but smokes. Can someone tell me do i have to press the pistons out? Also the rearend is very noisy on the left side. It also leaks gear oil at the very bottom near the tire. If I turn to one side the noise gets a little better. Please if you could give me a little help. I would be most Gratefull.
Howell Jones

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon May 24, 2004 6:56 pm

Howell:

Best advice I can give you is to give this a read first.

New Members and Visitors, Please READ.

Next best piece of advice would be to point you to Binder Books, and would recommend these three manuals:

Owners Manual
TC-37F Parts Manual
GSS-1411 Service Manual.

While you are waiting for your copies, please feel free to visit the manual server. It has copies of the above as well as tons of other stuff. Should answer most of your questions.

Btw, welcome to the forum and to the Cub Family :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Mon May 24, 2004 7:27 pm

Wecome to the board!! The pistons will come right up through the top by hand, you may have to ream the ring ridge first. As the rest, Rudi's got that pretty well covered in his post. Good luck. :D
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Return to “Farmall Cub”