This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

FASTHITCH LIFT CAPABILITY

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

FASTHITCH LIFT CAPABILITY

Postby Arizona Mike » Mon May 24, 2004 9:20 pm

Please tell me about the lifting capability of the fast hitch with the helper spring? Is the spring something that came with all fast hitches...or an option? I would like to get a L-38 disc harrow that weighs 360 lb. Will the hitch and hydraulics handle this alright. What about downward push towards the ground.

Thanks

Mike

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Randy 64 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Randy 64 Cub » Tue May 25, 2004 8:55 am

I don't even have my helper spring on (If you ever take them off, they are a pain to get back on) and don't have any trouble lifting any of my implements like the F-38 disc, rollover plow, or rotovator. Since I haven't had any problems lifting any implements, I haven't been in a hurry to put it back on. I see you also asked about the discs. If you can get the scalloped bladed discs for the F-38, they cut much better. I bought one that had plain discs first from JP tractors (good people) first, then I got a great deal (almost free) locally on a scalloped bladed later model that looked brand new even had the original stickers. Believe me the scalloped bladed one is alot better.
-Finesse is choosing the right size hammer.

-As soon as something is made idiot-proof they make a better idiot.

bobburke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07419

Postby bobburke » Tue May 25, 2004 5:40 pm

The fasthitch is not made to put down pressure on a disk. The unit will not float and allow the disk to rise on uneven ground. When you hit somehing it will bend your lift rod and they are not made any more. I always unlock the collar to disk rake or plow with my cub.
I have not had a problem with the coil spring to remove it I just run the nut of and it releases to spring tension.

Return to “Farmall Cub”