This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Missy-ippi trip

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed May 26, 2004 8:50 am

"Very nice paint work. What is the proper blue for the levers etc??"

parts man

The blue paint I used was ordered from Carter and Gruenwald. It is Van Sickle brand. I ordered four spray/rattle cans and used one can on the hand lift. The other cans will be used on my cultivators and turning plow. You can call Bermuda Ken Updike at C&G toll free 1-866-327-6255. 8) Also, check out their website http://www.cngco.com.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Wed May 26, 2004 9:36 am

I'm jealous.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole process has been wonderful. Good job to ALL!!!!!!!!

Guy

P.S.
Did I mention I was jealous :wink:
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Wed May 26, 2004 10:13 pm

Rudi and Cub-Bud, thanks for the paint info guys!! When we restored our A, I wasn't aware the levers were supposed to be blue, so when the time comes for the repaint I'll need those numbers> :wink:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu May 27, 2004 9:17 am

Partsman, I don't know about on an A, but on a cub the lever colors went from blue to red in early 49. For the one Bud did for me, the correct color would actually have been red, but the lever is from my 48, so it is the correct color for the lever. :lol: Besides, I wanted it blue.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Thu May 27, 2004 9:25 am

parts man wrote:Rudi and Cub-Bud, thanks for the paint info guys!! When we restored our A, I wasn't aware the levers were supposed to be blue, so when the time comes for the repaint I'll need those numbers> :wink:

Depending on the year of your A, (and more correctly the year of manufacture of the individual parts) red may be correct. I think that lots of stuff got painted blue in 47-48 (early Super A, C, Cub production) because of a paint pigment shortage. I know there's a paint decision on the IH Archives webpage addressing this change. Cultivator toolbars and similar parts were blue from beginning to end. As John mentioned, I like the contrast provided by using blue parts! :D

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall Cub”