This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Real Seal still leaks?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AP50Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Real Seal still leaks?

Postby AP50Cub » Wed May 26, 2004 6:03 pm

You guy that have done this before please help me with a couple of problems. I had a bad leak so I order a new rear seal gasket and the gasket for the rear seal retainer. I split the tractor and took every thing off, clutch, flywheel, seal retainer, oil pump cover. I wanted to replace the gasket on the oil pump cover (which is very very thin) but I can't find the part # in my parts book so I used the old one and it does not seem to leak, but I would like to replace it if I can find it.
I put the new gasket and seal in and when I put it back together and cranked it up it still leaked around the bottom of the new seal in the retainer. It did not fit in the retainer real tight but the part # is correct. When you put them side by side the diameter is the same but thickness on the new seal is about 1/16 thiner than the original. Any help would be appreciated. :?
Thanks
AP

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”