This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Noises

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rosco
10+ Years
10+ Years

Noises

Postby rosco » Mon May 31, 2004 1:51 pm

I have a 1965 cub and I was mowing today and started to hear some noises that seamed to come from the rear axle housing area. It sounded like a squeek ing noise then a cracking sound then it would stop for a little then start over while the noise is going on it puts a load on the tractor but runs smooth when not. It's like something is binding up or does this unit have gear oil in it and might be out? I am new to this and need some help. "Please" :oops:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon May 31, 2004 2:53 pm

Both final drives have oil that is checked/filled via plugs on the inside of the drive. You have to take the drawbar off to get to one of them. The transmission and differential share an oil supply. the level plug is on the left side about even with the gear shift and down low. If you haven't done so lately I suggest you change the oil in the transmission. Your noise may be coming from a brake binding up. If you don't have a set of owners and service manuals I suggest you order them from http://www.binderbooks.com, or you can read them on line at http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/index.html
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:26 pm

Hi Rosco

I am not an authority on these cubs, but been reading here for three years. I recall several times folks talking about noises back there only to find loose wheel bolts. I guess it woodn't hurt to check them. Paul K. in N.H. :oops:

Return to “Farmall Cub”