Yes, I really meant to dig up a 3 year old thread. File this under what you did to your cub today.
When I repacked the front wheel bearings on the loboy a while back, I got a squeeaaakk when I jacked up one side so I just knew I needed pivot bushings. This week with the 65 degree weather looked like a perfect opportunity to get it fixed.
So after researching here and at Mcmaster, I was pretty sure I knew what I needed. Jacked her up and disassembled the tie rods, unbolted the clamp bolts and found out real fast that the pin was seized to the axle tube.
BFH, Drift, didn't pee a drop. (glad I didn't break an ear) So I broke out the torch. Heat, grease, heat, grease, lots of heat and finally I had the grease boiling out of the bushings and a cloud of rust dust. Greased her up good, worked it a bunch and back together. About 2 hours of heating and greasing but it finally gave in.
Morale - if you haven't greased your front pivot, you might put that on the to-do list.