Missy coming together again

Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:46 pm

Got my repaired block back Tuesday and let it set over night with water in it to verify leak was fixed. Yesterday I adjusted the clutch fingers (replacement pressure plate for the one damaged by the ball bearing type throwout), and got everything ready. This afternoon a neighbor teenager came down and helped me couple Missy back together. Hope to have her running again this weekend. Unfortunately Cub-Bud's paint job is going to need some touching up after all the wrestling around. Wonder if he guarantees his paint jobs.

Image

Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:30 pm

Hi John

Great job, I am sure MISSY will still look sweet and run even better. Paul K. in N.H.

Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:50 pm

Sure glad to hear she's feeling better John!! :wink:

Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:26 am

John
what happend I missed the story of what happened to your newly painted tractor?
I just had a heart breaker last night on a wd-45 allis. started it up after a in frame rebuild and it ran ok it was missing just thought I needed to adjust the valves better. Last night dad called and said I started up the WD and it started knocking and quite. and could then only roll it over a half a trun. I don't know what happened. yes there was oil and pressure. Makes me sick.
Chad

Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:57 am

CJ, saw your post aobut the WD45, hope it turns out not to be to bad.

Got Missy home about 2 weeks ago, and she looked and ran great. Bud and his Dad did a fantastic job. Put her to work grading the road, and in about 2 or 3 hours the new ball bearing type throwout bearing failed. Got a neighbor teen to come down and help me split her. While I had Missy apart I decided to track down why I was occasionally finding a drop or two of coolant under the rear of the engine after she set for a day or two. When I pulled the flywheel I discovered a very fine horizontal crack just above the rear seal retainer that was weeping antifreeze. The crack was so fine that the only way you could tell it was there was by the moisture. Stripped down the front axle to make it easier to handle and took it to a local machinist I've had do work for me before. He said he wanted to think for a while about how he was going to repair it. 3 days later he called and said to come get it. don't know what procedure he used to reapir it since the engine was still assembled, but it holds water and looks good. Hope to have her running this evening, and the paint touched up and ready for Red Power over the weekend. Between the temperature running into the 90s here (normally late July or early August weather), and my bad hip it takes me a lot longer to do things than it used to.