This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

heart brooken what happened??????????

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

heart brooken what happened??????????

Postby cjpenny89 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:39 am

First let me start this is Aliis wd-45 not a farmall but I need some ideas!
I just had a heart breaker last night on a wd-45 allis. started it up after a in frame rebuild
New pistons, sleeves, crank bearings and gaskets. After assembly and valve adjustmentit fired right up and it ran ok it was missing just thought I needed to adjust the valves better. Last night dad called and said he started up the WD and it ran for a few minutes and started knocking and quite. and then he could only roll it over a half a trun. I don't know what happened. yes there was oil and pressure and coolant. Makes me sick. what could have happened? head was redone new valves and torrqued to spec and the rod bearings were torqued to 40 pounds from the self locking ones as I was told from here. We put standard crank bearings back in becasue the reading was so close to normal on the crank. Any ideas where to start?
possibly a broken ring?
Chad

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:47 am

It's possible that one of the valves let go and is in the cylinder. I sure hope it's not that bad.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cjpenny89 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:50 am

that is what I was wondering big dog. Wonder if one of the keepers let go.
man this just makes me sick.
we have $190 in the head and $450 into pistons rings sleeves and bearings. I think if the rod bearings happen to be the wrong size or something it would just knock and not lock up? Maybe a wring broke?
oh boy I want to leave work and go home and fix it.

cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

found problem

Postby cjpenny89 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:24 am

#3 exhaust valve fell out. so I bet the valve is junk and I just hope the new oversized piston kit is still good and no hole in the top of the piston.
the keepers let go in the valve and we just had a shop rebuild the head with new springs valves and valve guides. I guess they screwed up.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:34 am

:o Wow!, What a bummer. The shop probably wont cover YOUR labor but they should be liable for fixing it including replacing damaged parts & THEIR labor. :?:
Then came Bronson

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:49 am

Let's hope that there's minimal damage done Chad. But either way, As JB said, the machine shop should stand by their work. Both parts and labor.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cjpenny89 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:36 am

well we got it apart. Broke the head where the valve guide comes through put a huge cut in the valve sealing surface. Broke a brand new piston and we think it bent the rod. not to mention new head gasket and oil pan gasket and new oil and time putting it back together.
I just hope the shop covers it all. Dad was taking parts there today.
I will try and post a picture of the valve it was amasing how it looked all flattened and bent into a pretzel.

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:45 pm

Chad, I'm really sorry to here of your delema (sp?) !! Those things can make a MESS!!! WE bought a MF 65 that dropped a valve and pushed it out through the sleeve!! Here's hoping the machine shop comes good for THEIR screw-up!!
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Return to “Farmall Cub”