[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4493: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Farmall Cub • View topic - Mott mower ?

Mott mower ?

Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:39 pm

I'm pretty sure the Cub I just brought home will become a donor tractor, but I do intend to use the implements. The Mott mower has some minor problems but I think they can be handled. The rear mounting point has been "field engineered" and I would like to make one resembling the original. Unfortunately, I can't find a photo. There's a picture in the FAQ that I wish I could scroll down a few inches. Can someone send me a picture of theirs?

I intend to restore the mower and mount it on a restored tractor.

Here's what is there... quick as I am I know it isn't right!

Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:48 pm

I have one that is off the tractor so it will be easy to get to. I can get you a couple of pictures tomorrow. The piece bolted to the bottom of your drawbar is correct, and the rest should be pretty easy.
Last edited by John *.?-!.* cub owner on Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flail Photo

Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:10 pm

George I emailed you a rear view photo of the flail . Hope it helps. I've also got some side views if needed.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:40 am

I am just now workiing on my Mott D-9, any pictures would be appreciated. I am in urgent need of the belt (the one to the PTO). Does anyone have any numbers or sources for it. Mine measures 121-122 inches, I believe. NAPA said they could order one, but their V-belt looks a bit thinner than this one.

Also, any numbers for bearings, etc would be helpful.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:21 am

Greg wrote:I am just now workiing on my Mott D-9, any pictures would be appreciated. I am in urgent need of the belt (the one to the PTO). Does anyone have any numbers or sources for it. Mine measures 121-122 inches, I believe. NAPA said they could order one, but their V-belt looks a bit thinner than this one.

Also, any numbers for bearings, etc would be helpful.
There is a parts list on Rudi's server. I use a Gates B144 belt on mine. It's about $20 (been a while since I bought one). The ones you get from a Mott dealer will last a little longer, but they run over $50.

Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:22 am

John,
Thanks for all your help. You guys have been indispensible for me to get my cub up and running. Had a friend over this weekend; he couldn't believe how smooth these cubs run.