This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Clutch Questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tomjan357
10+ Years
10+ Years

Clutch Questions

Postby tomjan357 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:31 am

Hello Folks
I just installed a new clutch in my cub. The petal is now jumping up and down at an idle in neutral. It didn't do this before. When I look thru the inspection hole while the tractor is idling it appears that the T.O.B is bouncing on the clutch fingers. When I installed the pressure plate all the fingers were even. any suggestions? I also may have installed the clutch plate backward. The long part of the spling is facing forward toward the flywheel, will this be a problem?
If it ain't broke I didn't touch it

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:26 am

Don't know if it will create a problem, but the long part should be toward the transmission. did you check the travel on the clutch pedal to make sure it has about an inch of travel before it contacts the fingers of the pressure plate. Also might try reaching through the hand hole cover and check each finger to make sure the little horseshoe clip hasn't broken or come off one of the fingers letting it stand out.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”