This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Uh Oh - That's a definite problem

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Scott Blystone
10+ Years
10+ Years

Uh Oh - That's a definite problem

Postby Scott Blystone » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:05 am

So I am weeks behind in getting my pumpkins in and the neighborhood kids are worried. Plowing last night was going great - about 5 rows left before switching to the harrow when lo and behold the gear shift lifts off in my hand. Brief exam this AM shows that the inner metal "dome" has sheared off the gearshift shaft completely. I have the parts and service manuals which are not particularly helpful. Can someone who has experiended this tell me the parts I need and the steps to go through?

Thanks. (Original '49 was doing great until then at my second year of plowing. I did the 1/2 acre wildflower plot a couple weeks ago - this years complete pass through the maintenance book has really helped)

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:48 am

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:15 pm

Nice Job George' I wish I had seen that this winter when mine broke. That's OK though" I need to have something to do :roll: "Jack" No new projects, Big Dog has them all rounded up" :lol: