This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall Cub Hydraulic Problem.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jsimakas
10+ Years
10+ Years

Farmall Cub Hydraulic Problem.

Postby jsimakas » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:59 am

I am the proud owner of a 1975 Farmall Cub. I have owned, worked, maintained and enjoyed this tractor for the past 27 years. The Cub has a belly mounted Woods 59 finish mower. At the start of this mowing season I noticed that while travelling with the mower in the raised position, the hydraulic lift arm sinks and then pops up again. This happems over and over again every 10 to 15 seconds. I have drained and refilled the hydraulic reservoir with IH/Case HiTran fluid. The problem continues. If you have any insight into this problem please let me know what the cause is and how to repair it. Hopefully it will not require a full tear down of the tractor and / or the hydraulic power pack assembly. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. John.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:27 pm

It may be time to install a new o-ring kit in the touch control unit. This will require removal and dis-assembly. I just finished the one on my '49 FCUB. Not to bad a job, just pay attention to where stuff goes. If you don't already have one, you will need a service manual to complete the job. A parts manual will come in handy, also. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scott C » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:31 pm

Cub.... that just answered my question too, I think.
Mine will jump and jerk when raising or lowering a little at a time. It's OK full lower to full raise and the other way around.
I got some seat time the other day till I broke the pitman arm. Once you get the hang of a sickle bar, they are cool to work with. My buddy grabbed it (pitman) out of the back of my truck yesterday and said I'll have a new one and some spares soon.

rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:56 pm

Hi jsimakas; Cub Bud; and ScottC:

J I think Bud hit the nail on the head I had one dancing like that and I went the full re-build route where I think the seal kit would have done
the trick.

Bud I am glad to see you got yours overhauled.

Scott, if you can find some good kilndried ash lumber that will make for
the best material and put at least three good coates of hand-rubbed tung
oil on it and then once a year put a coat on it.