Light Switch

Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:25 pm

The coil (resistor?) connecting two terminals on the rear of the light switch is pretty flattened. Can it be replaced? I couldn't find it in the parts manual. What does it do anyway? My Cub is a 12v negative ground.


Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:11 pm

Paul, that resister is for the dim lights, I'm pretty sure I seen posted where others have replaced them. Try Carter and Gruenwald. at least I think that's the url. :roll:

Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:18 am

Paul, assuming you are talking about the resister that looks like a coil of wire, you can just straighten it and make sure its's not shorted too anything (needs a little sapce between coils). As Partsman said, it's only used when running the lights on dim. If you are talking about a little flat resister on the side of the switch that is left over from when it was 6 volts and is not used on yours.