This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Carb

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cletrac1
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub Carb

Postby cletrac1 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:44 am

I just bought a Cub serial 893 and can not get the carb to quit leaking gas . I've tried a rebuild kit and no luck . I called my dealer and they want $300.00 for a updated carb . The other carbs are for a cable choke. Can I change my choke lever . Where is the best place to get a new carb or good used one?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:22 am

cletrac1,

Where is the carb leaking :?:

You may want to read these: Lurker Carl's Carb Fixes

ChickenWing
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ChickenWing » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:18 pm

its probably still good, just warped. Look at Lurker Carls articles. They helped me alot. Mine was warped alot, and I got it straightened out by following the ideas in his article. I didn't even know it was warped till I knew what to look for. Just remember after you straighten it, the more you try to tighten the screws, the more warped it will get. Just tighten them gently, till you get a nice even seal. I went one turn on each one, then went to the next one, so it will go down evenly and not bend.

Return to “Farmall Cub”