Touch-Control bypass block?

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Touch-Control bypass block?

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:27 am

As my earlier post indicated, I'm working on a deal here.

This Cub has a Woods deck on it, but I fully intend to add a custom-built 3pt hitch so I can do things like pull a plow, plant or cultivate using modern/custom implements. Pays to have a family farm with all kinds of neat abandoned equipment to scavenge at my disposal :)

According to the manual for the IH 1000 loader, they want you to take out the bypass block when the loader isn't attached. Well, I want to plumb up one or two hydraulic remotes so I can have independent control of the 3pt and mower deck. I'd put one on a cylinder, and run the other with the touch-control lift.

Is there any technical reason, if properly plumbed, that I couldn't have things set up the way I want?
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby tnestell » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:46 am

I have a by-pass block on my Cub at this time while using a Woods 59. I ran a hose from the pressure line out to the bottom of the by-pass block. Used a quick disconect hoping to add a cylinder to angle my snow blade. I am not sure where to buy a cylinder and valve that isn't out of proportion to the tractor. Everything I see at the farm stores seems overly large for a Cub. Ted
tnestell
10+ Years
10+ Years

Zip Code: 48609
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Return to Farmall Cub