Tank sealer

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Tank sealer

Postby Garvin Gatewood » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:35 am

What is the name of the sealer for the gas tank? I know this has been discussed but I can't remember what the brand name is. Can it be bought at NAPA? Garvin
Eight Cubs-finally got a '57.
Garvin Gatewood
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:16 pm
Location: Rector, Arkansas

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:09 am

Garvin, It's called POR 15. They have a website:

There are some others out there as well. Motorcycle shops are a good place to look.
Last edited by Bigdog on Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

User avatar
Team Cub
Team Cub
Posts: 23820
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:50 pm
Location: OH, Stoutsville
Zip Code: 43154
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby johnbron » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:22 am

Go to a local radiator shop that repairs gas-tanks and they will usually have a product called Red-Kote that they use. I just had my tank repaired and coated inside for 75-bucks.
Then came Bronson
User avatar
CubPro Emeritus
Posts: 2809
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:31 am
Location: Puyallup, WA.

Postby ChickenWing » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:21 am

When you clean gas tank in an electrolysis tank, how do you get the black residue off the inside before using the por15? Or do you have to get it off?
User avatar
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 1:46 am
Location: MI, Temperance

Postby spaceghost » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:56 am

I used the following web site.
I order it on line and got the package in two days.
The goo worked very well and I was very happy with the results.
I used plumbers putty to plug the sediment bowl hole.

User avatar
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:19 am
Location: Middleboro MA usa
Zip Code: 02346
Tractors Owned: 1959 Cub lo-boy
1950 super A

Return to Farmall Cub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FCub S. E. Tn and 7 guests