Help New Cub Owner

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
User avatar
Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:34 pm
Location: Central NY

Help New Cub Owner

Postby Mag Man » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:44 pm

Hi I brought home my 51 Cub today and I see it needs a radiator cap and a carb. Someone put a brand new carb on it but its not the right one.I would post a picture if I knew how. Can anyone help me out here. THANKS JON

User avatar
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Posts: 28706
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:37 pm
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM
Location: NB Dieppe, Canada

Postby Rudi » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:27 pm

Mag Man:

Welcome to the Forum, the very best site for Cub information on the internet, and welcome to the Cub Family :!: :D

As for:

I would post a picture if I knew how. Can anyone help me out here.

Go here: Message Board Questions, this will help you post a picture. Remember you must have the file uploaded to your own personal web space usually provided with your account with your ISP, or you must have an account with a pic hosting site such as Picture Trail.

As for other questions you have, please go here: New Members and Visitors, Please READ, all the info you could possibly want on Cubs. Check out the FAQ's, Cub Info, the Best of H.L. Chauvin and of course the Manual Server.

As for your radiator cap, go to your IH Dealer and get a non-pressurized cap or if not available one that is for 4lbs or less. The carb may be a Zenith. You can check both the IH 3/4 Updraft and the Zenith in the TC-37 series Parts Manuals on the server.

Again, welcome to the family and the forum :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

User avatar
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Posts: 24141
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:50 pm
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: OH, Circleville

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:28 pm

The IH carb is no longer made. If you have the Zenith carb, it is the correct replacement. As far as radiator caps go, you probably won't find a non-pressure cap new. You might tryone of the salvage operations that advertise on this site such as J.P. Tractor Salvage, T.M. Tractor Parts or Chown's Tractor Parts for a good used cap. If you want a new cap, use a low pressure cap (4#). They might also have a re-built or re-buildable carb.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!


  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Farmall Cub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arthur Luke, Bill Hudson, Luke470, mva1958, Tom Clark and 6 guests