This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

carb. questions?? Please help!!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
55 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

carb. questions?? Please help!!!

Postby 55 Cub » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:19 am

does anyone know how to remove a main metering jet that has broken inside of carb. also does anyone know where i can find a new mmj?

also how can i rethread stripped out fuel inlet port?????

Please help!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:42 am

55 Cub:

Welcome to the Forum and to the Cub Family.

does anyone know how to remove a main metering jet that has broken inside of carb.

Well, you have come to the right place. I have not had to deal with that particular problem so far, but I do not think it is too hard a fix. If you have any left handed drill bits, that would work well - just use one smaller than the shaft size of the jet in a hand powered drill chuck and pop it out. Otherwise you may need to drill out using consecutively larger bits until you can pick out the threads with a dental pick or something similar. One of the other guys may have a better idea.

also does anyone know where i can find a new mmj?

Ahhh yup. Your local CaseIH Dealer or http://www.casetractorparts.com. I would suggest though, that since you need the MMJ, you may as well get the complete Carb Kit from Case as the jet is in it.

also how can i rethread stripped out fuel inlet port?????

You really need to read this article on the Manual Server :!: Lurker Carl's Carb Fixes.

This will answer just about all of your Carb questions.

Please help!!!

Couple things you need to do. One is to read this when you get a minute ok :?: New Members and Visitors, Please READ

The next thing you need to do is to make sure you have the 3 main manuals that will help you with maintaining your cub and of course getting parts. These are available at Binder Books, and are:

Owner's Manual
TC-37F Parts Manual
GSS-1411 Service Manual.

In the meantime, they are on the Manual Server at the link below. Hope this helps and again welcome to the Forum and to the Family :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”