This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cubkid
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub mower

Postby cubkid » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:11 pm

The c-2 mower, I think, do they just have one big blade in it? or is it like a bush hog type blade? What gear do most of you mow in? I'd have to think it'd be nearly impossible to mow in 3rd on any tractor.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick ('50, NC)
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rick ('50, NC) » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:42 am

The C-2 mower has a carrier that supports two free-swinging blades like a rotary mower (bush-hog). I mow my pastures in second gear with my C-2 mower. It does fine as long as the grass isn't allowed to get too high or too thick. Then you have to take smaller bites by either raising the height of the mower for the first pass, and then lower it to the desired mowing level. Or, you can take only one-half width of the mower for each pass. Or, you can shift to first gear. Or, some combination of the above depending on your situation.

Just remember to keep your spindle bearing and over-running clutch well lubed, and shoot some oil into your idler pulley bearings. Don't over-tighten your belt when at mowing level, keep your blades sharp, and you should enjoy your mower for many years.
My worst day on a Cub is better than my best day at the office!

Return to “Farmall Cub”