This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New to Cubs

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Buggyscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

New to Cubs

Postby Buggyscott » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:40 am

Will be bring home my first Cub, a 49 in what I consider pretty good shape, not perfect but with a little TLC and a couple of bucks should be a pretty good machine. Have gotten the operators manual, service manual and the parts manual for this tractor. Want to use it to do a little grass cutting coming up the lane, pasture maintanence and cutting right of way out on the road. Also to put in a garden. Looking at a belly mower, bush hog type and a disc plow, belly mounted for this tractor. Also a small single gang disc. Questions are, should I go for the belly mounted plow or wait till I find a moldboard plow?, how hard are good tandum disc harrows to come by? how about cultivators (cub does have hydraulics)? what else is handy to have around?
Got two larger tractors for the heavy work but just fell in love with this little guy. Oh, even though this is a working tractor I want to be sure that a little bit of history is maintained, it was converted over to 12 volt neg ground, how hard is it to go back to 6 volt positive ground? Has a distributor. :D :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:45 am

Welcome to the forum Buggyscott! Sounds like you are planning on having a lot of fun with your cub. Implement availability varies with regions so just keep your eyes open for what you need or ask the guys here. Many of them will know of implements that are available. Converting back to 6 volts is not hard to do if you have the components. You will need a 6 volt generator, a regulator, 6 volt coil and some 6 volt light bulbs to return to original. Wiring diagrams are available online as well as in the manuals that you already have. If it is to be a working tractor as you describe, I think I would leave it 12 volt since it's already done. If, down the road, you wish to restore it, then consider converting it back.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”