This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

rear axle oil seals Pictures added

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: rear axle oil seals Pictures added

Postby Yogie » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:54 pm

WOW Gerry, I didn't know you were already into it. Here's a little something extra I did that helped me a lot.
Since most of my work I've done by myself I cut the heads off of a couple bolts to help me stay inline while the right hand final goes back on. Also be sure to clean the holes out below the brake bands so if there's a leak someday down the road it'll drip out of the hole and not get on the brakes again... Good Luck, looks like you've done all the hard work. :wink:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

dakcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93313

Postby dakcub » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:58 pm

Awesome pictures....I like seeing things like this before I have to tear into mine.....Nice garden too
Robert (has 6' circle garden himself) Miller

Gerry Powell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 78736
Tractors Owned: two 1948 Cubs
1951 Super A
Kubota L2350

Postby Gerry Powell » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:02 pm

I've got it back together and working fine, good brakes. Thanks to everyone for the help, especially Yogie for the idea of using bolts with heads cut off for keeping the final drive in position while getting the differential lined up to the transmission. Also John's tip for using a slide hammer with a screw for removing the outer seals in the final drive. One Cub done, one more to go.
Gerry

Return to “Farmall Cub”