This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Center mounted Mott

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Greg
10+ Years
10+ Years

Center mounted Mott

Postby Greg » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:58 am

I have done more looking at my Mott. The orig sales brochure which came with my tractor had model D9 marked. It looks like a D9, but when I bought a drive belt, mine only took a 120, not a 144 inch. Also mine is mounted centrally, not offset.
I have looked closer at the pictures and found out why. My mower has a shaft w/ a pulley on each end mounted on the left side of the mower, near the back. The drive belt goes to the pulley near the center, then another belt goes from the outer pulley down to the cutter shaft. Has anyone seen this arrangement before?
This allows the mower to be mounted centrally, and it does not extend beyond the tires.

Also, I am looking for a good used roller (with mounting brackets) if anyone has a source.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:37 am

I've seen that shaft arrengement on a rear mount, but not on a belly mount.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

CaptPaulret
10+ Years
10+ Years

Mott rear roller

Postby CaptPaulret » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:29 am

Last winter I found a Mott mower in a salvage yard for my Quick Hitch Cub powered by the PTO. When I got it home the roller wouldn't turn. I purchased new bearings for the roller ftom the local IH dealer. I had to torch out the old bearings, and then found one of the bearing bores was pounded out .040". Using my 4" grinder I removed the weld holding the bearing bushing in the end of the roller, using my metal lathe I turned a new bushing and welded it in the roller. Everything worked great. New rollers can be purchased, but veery expensive.
Capt. Paul
Capt. Paul Ret.
Oswego, NY

Return to “Farmall Cub”